The City of Quesnel is located on Lhtako Dene First Nation territory. This program explores Carrier First Nations' culture and takes a closer look at how the Carrier people survived off of the land, maintained trade relationships and passed on knowledge through story.
- Interactive discussion using hands on materials will focus on just First Nations culture or can be combined with exploring interactions between First Nations and settlers.
- Explore the museums "Footprints in Stone" exhibit and report your findings
- Listen to First Nations Elders tell their stories
- Pretend that you are a trapper or a trader while playing the fur trade game
- Make a ball and string craft used for hand eye coordination