The Advertiser/Northern Pictorial was a weekly paper published in Quesnel from 1952 to 1960. In 1958 the name was changed to the Northern Pictorial, reflecting the importance of photography and the fact that it included news and advertisers from Williams Lake. The collection consists of 3,067 black and white negatives taken by staff photographers Gerry Fun, Don Hilborn and publishers Fred and Florence Lindsay between 1958 and 1960. In addition to documenting community development and social life of Quesnel and Williams Lake, the collection contains many classic images that reflect social and cultural trends of the period. Select image for full view.