Groups are welcome to schedule a tour of the Quesnel & District Museum and Archives focused on the River of Memory exhibit and the related Footprints in Stone exhibit on Dakelh culture.
- learn about the 1808 expedition led by Simon Fraser and the interaction of the Dakelh people and employees of the Northwest Company in the Cariboo
- view artifacts related to the fur trade and Dakelh culture
- investigate touchable artifacts
- listen to Dakelh Elders relate their stories and complete a question sheet
- participate in age appropriate activities
Allow 1 – 1 ½ hrs
Charges are by suggested donation:
$20 /group (maximum 40 people) for Quesnel and the Cariboo Regional District
$30 for groups from outside the region
This program is designed to meet the specific learning objectives of the Grade 4 and Grade 9 social studies curriculum but will be of interest to many other groups.
For more information or to book a visit call the Quesnel & District Museum and Archives at 250-992-9580 or email email@example.com