Learn about the life of Chinese immigrants to British Columbia using primary sources and oral histories as your guide.
- Learn the story of C.D. Hoy, who immigrated from China in 1902, and became a successful businessman
- Examine the photographs taken by Mr. Hoy. What can you learn about residents of the Cariboo from these early 20th century portraits?
- Extract information from Chinese registration documents from the 1920s to learn about Chinese immigrants and their descendants
- Watch video clips of Elders from Quesnel's Chinese community as they share memories of growing up here
- Explore the Chinese artifact collection, Indocanadian exhibit and the many artifacts throughout the Museum that were brought to Quesnel by immigrants from around the world