The Cariboo Observer was founded in August 1908 as a weekly newspaper. Photographs were first included in the paper in May 1952. The Observer photographers have documented the people, business and industry, organizations, events and recreational activities of Quesnel. The Quesnel Museum has embarked on a project to scan a representative sample of the Observer negatives. The collection currently includes over 8000 images taken between January 1985 and August 1992 (and approximately 125 images from 1965-1995 scanned for a photo exhibit). Additional images will be added each year. Select image for full view.